Kaitlin's Memorial Video

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Building of Angel

So I've fallen in love with Build-A-Bear. I so wish I had one of these when I was growing up :) Emilie got her new bunny Peanutbutter and on trip number two we made Kaitlin a special bear. Here we are picking out something to put inside her. She says "I love you" when you press the button in her heart area.


Emilie enjoyed herself :)



Time to bring our little bear to life.


Angel has three hearts inside of her.
One for mommy, one for daddy and one for her sister Emilie.


We both kissed the hearts before they were put inside.


Totally posing since Ashley just couldn't keep up ;)


Giving Angel a cleaning before we move on to dressing her and officially naming her.


Here we are making out her birth certificate. Which we put her birthday as February 7th. Since she is Kaitlin's bear after all.


And here she is :) All pretty and purple. Someday she might even have an angel costume if I like it on her. I have to wait for Christmas.


You may think it's silly to have a bear set aside for a child who will never hug her. But it's these small things that I can do to keep Kaitlin alive and with me. I got to share Kaitlin with my friends the day I made this bear. And now I have something to give hugs to when I miss her. And the little "I love you" always brings a tear to my eye.

Other Websites

There are many sites that have been created at this point that go along with my memorial for my little girl:

Miscarriage Blankets
The site I made to describe the blankets and how to order them from me.

Angel Poems
A place for my poetry along with others.

Kaitlin's Memorial CD
Why I chose these songs and their lyrics